• Subject: Re: System/34
  • From: Chris Rehm <Mr.AS400@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 20:30:33 PDT

** Reply to note from Dave Mahadevan <mahadevan@fuse.net> Mon, 23 Feb 1998
14:16:28 -0500

> Chris Rehm wrote:
>
> > *
> > beyond that, I just didn't have the need) and a few printers. The system
> > was "full blown" with 256k and 256Mb of disk.
>
> Wasnt the DASD limited to 192 MB?

Nah. The System/34 maxed out with 256. But you had to extend the cabinet.
When the moving crew stood it up on end, the cabinet extension bent in. It
wasn't intended to support the weight of the box.

But it didn't make any difference to performance. It just kept on running.

> > --
>
> Thank You.
>
> Regards
>
> Dave Mahadevan.. mailto:mahadevan@fuse.net

Chris Rehm
Mr.AS400@ibm.net

How often can you afford to be unexpectedly out of business?
Get an AS/400.
+---