RE: System/34

  • Subject: RE: System/34
  • From: "Donald L. Schenck" <dschenck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 09:23:05 -0500

fixed

<<
I missed the story.  How long has the NT system been installed and
running?  Were the savings outlined?

The system was installed "recently" ... and the savings are _projected_ (of
course!).

I noticed that NOBODY quoted my FINAL paragraph, that "different needs
required differents OS's".

You (all) like to SLAM NT ... like you have some "pride of ownership" in
OS/400 ... like it's your religion or something. What's wrong? Do people
feel threatened?

I LOVE using OS/400 ... use it all day ... every day. No problem ... it's a
great operating system.

Use NT all day every day too. Never have a problem. On a network with 400+
users.

But to call the System/34 superior to NT ... now THAT'S a joke.

Open your mind folks; there's OS/400 ... OS/390 ... Unix ... Linux ... NT
... Novell ... Plan Nine <?> ... MacOS ... BeOS <?> ...

Don't see the entire world through Blue lenses.

Peace,

-- Don

root
+---