56K digital data lines

  • Subject: 56K digital data lines
  • From: BORING David <dboring@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 15:22:20 -0800

fixed

We are installing some 56K digital data lines (DDS lines) and we want to
test them before our "go live" date. We might have an AS/400 and 5394 to
use before the "go live" date, but I don't want to rely on it.

What do most of you do when you get a data line installed? Do you just
hope and pray that the phone company did their job correctly?

I have heard of a process where an ohm meter can be used to test the
circuit to make sure that the jack is live and that it is wired
properly. Is anyone aware of this process?

TIA!

David Boring
Systems Engineer
MCI Systemhouse