  • Subject: RE: SNA over TCP/IP
  • From: Neil Palmer <npalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 21:59:41 -0700

Assuming you already have TCP/IP configured, here's the setup for the
first machine, and from there should should be able to figure out what
to change on the second system.

1) Create controller for APPC over TCP/IP:

        Controller description . . . . . . :   APPCOVRTCP

Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *BASIC

Category of controller . . . . . . :   *APPC

Link type  . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *ANYNW

Online at IPL  . . . . . . . . . . :   *YES

Remote network identifier  . . . . :   *NETATR

Remote control point . . . . . . . :   TCPIP

Autocreate device  . . . . . . . . :   *ALL

Text . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   APPC over TCP/IP Anynet
controller

2) Change Network Attributes to allow AnyNet:

        CHGNETA ALWANYNET(*YES)

3)Change remote configuration list to indicate connection to specific
system should use TCP/IP:
        WRKCFGL
        Option 2 for QAPPNRMT
        ------------------------------------------APPN Remote Location
          Remote              Remote    Control
Remote    Network   Local     Control   Point
Location  ID        Location  Point     Net ID
SYSTEM2   APPN      SSLTD400  TCPIP     APPN

4) Make entry in the TCP/IP Host Table to point to IP Address of remote
AS/400"
        CFGTCP, #10

     Internet         Host
Opt  Address          Name

     192.168.1.100    SYSTEM2.APPN.SNA.IBM.COM
(Whatever your remote system IP address is)

NOTE: You MUST use the system name used in 'Remote Location' in #3
above, followed by the "Control Point Net                       ID" used
in #3 above (default if you haven't changed is 'APPN'), followed by
"SNA.IBM.COM".
                The "SNA.IBM.COM" means nothing, other than that is what
the AnyNet code is configured to look for in the                TCP/IP
host table.  If you REALLY want to use something else (like
"YOURCOMPANY.COM") you can                              install PTFs
that allow you to change the default by using a data area QZPAIDOMAN in
QUSRSYS.
The PTF #'s are:
V3R1M0  SF21042 & MF09567
For V3R2, V3R7+ I believe the enabling code is in the base system, and
you just need to create the *CHAR data area in QUSRSYS named QZPAIDOMAN
(all letters) and put the name you want to use in it.

That should be about it.  Make sure the AnyNet controller is varied on,
the APPC devices required for the controller will be automatically
created.

Neil Palmer                                AS/400~~~~~
NxTrend Technology - Canada   ____________          ___  ~
Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Phone: (905) 731-9000  x238   |__________|_|______|_|______)
Cell.: (416) 565-1682  x238    oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\