• Subject: Y2K- how much is necessary
  • From: wawrzaszek@xxxxxxxxxxx (Wawrzaszek)
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:47:49 -0500

Y2K food for thought:
      As all companies are doing, we are evaluating what to do for the year
Y2K.  We are looking at updating our software to a higher version that
supports 2000, or buying a tool that will convert our existing software.
Both are VERY expensive.  We are a company that runs Jan-Dec,  we do not
need all this info from previous years ( it is on history, but on a day to
day basis we deal with what is happening now).  Our planning program will
have to be adjusted, and credit aging, so show the correct 90 period for
whats outstanding shows.  However we can not see a big panic over any other
levels.  We have already tried, and we can enter orders, ship, receive.  So
my bottom line question is why not just change those applications that
absolutely have to be changed to work, and "ride out" the rest of the
programs.  I realize we need to do some heavy duty testing to verify that
we are not being naive.  But has any one else been contemplating to very
little conversion, and skipping that huge payment to a company to convert
them.

+---