Re: Y2K- how much is necessary

  • Subject: Re: Y2K- how much is necessary
  • From: Tim Truax <truax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 15:40:36 -0500

fixed

Hello,
I just left a company where I undertook to do a complete date alteration back in
1992, the entire system was thoroughly Y2K ready within a year.  I am now
working
at a company that has "questionable" software and this is the plan at this
company..to do the minimum (The CEO does want to rewrite the whole thing, but
does not want to attempt it with such a small window.  Just find the bad
situations and ride out the others, after all this companies entire product
cycle
life is 8 - 12 hours so dates aren't too intensive, and they have absolutely no
forcasting ability at this time.
So I guess "Only time will tell"
--
:-) Tim & Dana Truax (-:

Wawrzaszek wrote:

> Y2K food for thought:
>       As all companies are doing, we are evaluating what to do for the year
> Y2K.    So
> my bottom line question is why not just change those applications that
> absolutely have to be changed to work, and "ride out" the rest of the
> programs.

root
+---