We have an F45 and 3 B35's.  Each B35 connects to the F45 with a 56 k digital
line.  Display station passthrough is done in each direction.  Spool files are
sent, primarily to the F45.  A student software program (SASI) on each high
school B35 accesses a district data file on the district office F45 when users
add or drop students.

All AS/400's are on v2r2.  Can we upgrade the F45 to v3r1 and leave the B35's
at v2r2 and have all the above communications functions work?  We're planning
on phasing out the B35's but will have the F45 for awhile and would like the
features of v3.

Tom Cachat
Capistrano Unified School District
tcachat@capousd.k12.ca.us