List of object types

  • Subject: List of object types
  • From: John Earl <johnearl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 00:21:06 -0800

fixed

More than once I've come across the need to list all object types that are
possible on a given release, but I've never found a place on the /400 that I
could just look it up.
An example would be where you you want to build a command that allows users
to do something with objects, and you want to be able to validate the
'object type' field that they type in.  Where do you look to determine that
the 'object type' is a valid object type?  Is there a table or a list of
these somewhere?  I'd think that there would have to be.  How else would the
WRKOBJ command get it.

TIA,

jte
--

John Earl       Lighthouse Software Inc.
8514 71st NW    Gig Harbor, WA 98335

Without Lighthouse Network Security/400, your AS/400 is wide open.

+---