Jeff,

<toungincheekmode truthlevel=high>

And the Crowd goes Wild!!!

This sounds just like the end of the movie "Revenge Of The
Nerds" where everybody admits to being a Nerd.

I to have been playing the Midrange Game (GSD, CCP, PRUF, 15D,
etc) for almost 20 years now.

Now days I tiddle bits inside images, am a C++ convert, do a lot
of Win95/NT programming with C++, still do a lot of AS/400 work,
have even deployed a Real Live functioning LOB Java Program (see
http://www.supnet.com/ibmleadira.html), and otherwise spend my
time on the bleeding edge.  Not braging, but just showing that
us "Old Farts" can not only keep up with the kids, but far
surpass them.

But, at 2am when I need one more silly report and my brain is no
longer functioning (or at 10am during my prime time), out comes
the RPG compiler and I declare an Input Primary file and Use The
Cycle!

Hey, that's a new acronym: UTC!

So all of the other UTC programmers out there, Come out of the
Closet!  Just because the kids are too lazy to figure out a good
tool is no reason for us to throw one out.

</toungincheekmode>

And that is why The Cycle has gone out of favor.  It is not
taught in the schools anymore.  So instead of learning the
language being used, they take the "easy" way out and re-invent
the Cycle.

Regards,
Bob Crothers
Cornerstone Communications