  • Subject: Major Bug in upgrade from Client Access 3.1 to 3.7
  • From: Sclind2 <Sclind2@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 15:45:35 EST

We recently upgraded from V3R1 to V3R7.  We originally had the V3R1 level of
5763-XA1 (Client Access base) and the V3R1Mx versions of 5763-XB1 (CA Extended
DOS) and 5763-XC1 (CA Windows).

Since we had recently ordered the upgrade, IBM now ships 5716XW1 and 5716XY1
as the replacement for 5763-XA1.  You will not receive the V3R6 version of
5716XA1 on your CD.

But there is a bug in licensing code for which there is not yet a PTF.  When
the PC's try to connect, they are still looking for the XA1 code.  But you
will see the code is backleveled in your 400 (since there was no replacement
on the CD)!

The only solution at this time is to get the V3R6 version of XA1 from someone
you know.  IBM software distribution won't send it to you since it is now
listed as obsolete.  And you cannot connect without it.

I would imagine there would be a PTF for this shortly.  But if you are
planning a conversion in the next couple of weeks, please be aware of the
above scenario.

Scott Lindstrom
Zenith Electronics