  • Subject: Re: Call Stack Entry does not exist -- CPF8E25
  • From: David Morris <dmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 07:58:55 -0700

>>> Dave Mahadevan <mahadevan@fuse.net> 12/18 3:54 PM >>>
>Folks:

>I have an irritating problem which is driving me crazy.  I am on V3R2
>and latest cum ptf 97322.

>When you use debug on a program with many modules, I am able to use the
>F11 to display variables on the CL modules but not on the ILE RPG
>modules.  It gives me "Call Stack Entry does not exist" which is
>CPF8E25.   It will let me step with F10.  I have recompiled all the
>modules, recreated the program and still no luck.  Used the DSPPGM and
>DSPMOD to verify the modules and source files.  I have tried creating
>the modules with DBGVIEW(*LIST) to no avail (I usually do
>DBGVIEW(*SOURCE)) .  I have also tried OPTIMIZE(*BASIC) and
>OPTIMIZE(*FULL) to no avail. (I usually do OPTIMIZE(*NONE)).  This
>started happening after the latest cum tape 97322.  What gives?  It is
>pretty random.  Once it happens in a program, it does not go away.  I
>have also cleared QRPLOBJ to avoid wrong object being debugged.   I now
>have to create a program for each of the modules to debug.  This is
>insane.  (or is this IBM's way of taking revenge on poor V3R2 people
>:-(( ).  No I am not calling IBM with their new feature. No support line
>either.

I've had the same experience on v3r7.  It usually happens with global
parameters.  It only happens with F11.  If I hit F11 and get the error,
then hit F9 and enter it displays the value.  Also dynamically
imported variables display the wrong value in some cases.
They display correctly if you eval their basing pointer :c or :x and
length.

David Morris