Yes - a 3rd party [product may be the solution, unless running the
Win3.1 client for a few months until the V3R1M3 Win95 Client is
announced in the Spring is a viable option (and it probably isn't) then
you may need another solution, like Win-APPC.

NOTE - IF you are using Passive (unpowered) twinax hubs you may be able
to solve the problem with Active (powered) hubs - but there's no
guarantee of this.

... Neil Palmer                                     AS/400~~~~~
... NxTrend Technology - Canada     ____________          ___  ~
... Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada     |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
... Phone: (905) 731-9000  x238     |__________|_|______|_|______)
... Cell.: (416) 565-1682  x238      oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
... Fax:   (905) 731-9202         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
... mailto:NPalmer@NxTrend.com          http://www.NxTrend.com

        Subject:        RE: Help with Client Access

        Bingo---that must be it.  That's really a pain.  I'm probably
going
        to have to try a 3rd party product.  Thanks for your time.

        >       Are you perchance using unshielded twisted pair cabling
with
        > twinax hubs & baluns, instead of the real
'boat-anchor-strength' twinax
        > cabling ?
        >       If so, you may be SOL.  The Windows 3.1 client has an
option to
        > disable the address checking when using this cabling in a file
called
        > PCSTDLC.DAT (I believe) to be able to use it with UTP cabling
& twinax
        > hubs, but as far as I know, this capability still isn't in
V3R1M2 of
        > CA/400 for Win95/NT.
        >
        >       Maybe they'll fix it for V3R1M3 ?  :-(
        >

        > ... Neil Palmer