> >-- Don
> One solution I am hearing QZERO about is buying a new, Y2K-compliant basic
> package and going forth anew.  I'd think that in at least the
> non-Line-of-Business parts of the operation this might prove a real boon,
> but no one even hints at it.  Is anyone considering it?
I just spent a day convincing a customer to do this very thing......

They are a large hotel with a VERY customized package that has been
worked on
by what appears to be at least 8 different people in the last five

After looking at the system for a week or two,,,my first suggestion was
throw out the entire accounting package... go buy a Y2K ready and THEN
to fix what was left.... which is reservations, group packages,golf,
etc, etc...

After hearing what it was going to cost to fix the entire thing, they
have now
decided to replace AP,PR,GL is exactly what they want to do....and fix
the rest....

They have a total of 700-800 programs and MANY files that will still
have to be
fixed..... Reservations is already in trouble with future groups so they
tell me
they will decide REAL soon.....