  • Subject: Greetings from the Riverwalk...
  • From: Don <dr2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 01:32:48 -0400 (EDT)

Yo Dudes and Dudettes...

Well, Wednesday cuds was a bit light...believe it or not there's alot of
folks that are leaving tomarrow...this means that Thurs and Fri will be
really light attendance...  (Good for the snarfers! :) )

The IBM Y2K product looks interesting...I sat through a lab on it today.
Takes some setup, but damn it's sweet from there...at least from what we
saw in the lab.

Uh, if you're on a S/36 (read: glorified PC with VSAM )...get off of it
ASAP...and this includes running a 400 as if it were that glorified PC.

Some of the stuff yet to come down the line in RPG looks interesting...

Jon's sessions on RPG procs were PACKED.  Good job Jon!

After the soundoff last pm  and a LUG meeting this noon, it appears that
common's getting their act together with regards to LUGs...  So, if you're
a LUG and affiliated with common, make sure that they have you're latest
and greatest addr/email/phone.  There is FINALLY a concerted effort to
address and fix the MAJOR f'ups of recent history that the CRE's have
created.  LUG reps should email David Hildebrandt at hildebrd@common.org
to check your status...e.tc.

They handed out a CDROM on the 400..."the Case for AS/400"...doesn't have
a part number on it...got raves at soundoff...contact your marketing
dudes/dudettes...haven't seen mine yet...

Bartenders at cuds are really chintzy with the drinks...probably hurting
the attendance since folks figure if they're gonna drop some bills they
may as well get din-din and a band with it...

Later on...

Don in DC metro...from San Antonio...