  • Subject: Re: Shop structure and size with similar complexity
  • From: "Cynthia M. Kovarik" <ckovarik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 18:56:47 -0400

CVWD@aol.com wrote:

> > Per my boss's request, I am looking for companies with similiar
> >  complexity to see how they are organzied and staffed.  We have an
> >  AS/400 510 with 56 GIG of storage raided.  We both manufacture and
> >  market our own products (music equipment for the performing arts).
> >  (450 employees).  We have CA-KBM mfg software (heavily modified), and
> >  Telemar Sales and Marketing software - interfaced to CA-KBM and
> >  also modified.  We have radio frequency, barcode, EDI, a call center
> >  with Callpath/400, Quadrant Fax software, Novell network 175 user
> >  license with NT,95,3.1and 3 OS/2 clients. We have another 90 users on
> >  terminals. We are installing new HR/PR software by Infinium and Lotus
> >  Notes on the FSIOP.  The Novell runs on the IPCS.  We have a small
> >  outside sales staff (10) working from their homes in various parts of
> >  the US with notebooks  and a small Canadian Sales Office (3) on a
> >  separate Novell Lan.
> >  Anyone willing to share this information would be greatly
> >  appreciated.  Carole Houghton - IS Manager
> >  +---
> We have a 500 with 28G, 100 user Novell with NT and Win3.1 clients, ~80 users
> on terminals, AP, AR, GL, HR, Inventory, etc. all written in house, and 420
> employees.  If we are close enough for your study, ask away.  Lance
> +---
We have a CISC F50 going to RISC 620 within next 2 months.  CISC
currently has 20GB with raid protection, 150 user Novell LAN/WAN with NT
mail and database servers and Win 3.1 clients (going to '95/NT combo in
'98).  We use Infinium software (just about all modules), TL Ashford Bar
Code, IBM's FAX/400.  We manufacture our own products in three locations
in the U.S. (parent company is based out of Germany).  We have very few
terminals, most are PCs with NetSoft emulation (80-100).  Using Commence
on NT server for Sales and planning on Lotus Notes/Domino in '98.  Would
be most interested in participating and sharing in your staffing study.
Can send inquiries to ckovarik@bellsouth.com.  TIA  Cynthia Kovarik