  • Subject: Shop structure and size with similar complexity
  • From: "Carole Houghton" <mchcah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 16:57:33 +0000
  • Comments: Authenticated sender is <mchcah@deskmedia.com>

Per my boss's request, I am looking for companies with similiar
complexity to see how they are organzied and staffed.  We have an
AS/400 510 with 56 GIG of storage raided.  We both manufacture and
market our own products (music equipment for the performing arts).
(450 employees).  We have CA-KBM mfg software (heavily modified), and
Telemar Sales and Marketing software - interfaced to CA-KBM and
also modified.  We have radio frequency, barcode, EDI, a call center
with Callpath/400, Quadrant Fax software, Novell network 175 user
license with NT,95,3.1and 3 OS/2 clients. We have another 90 users on
terminals. We are installing new HR/PR software by Infinium and Lotus
Notes on the FSIOP.  The Novell runs on the IPCS.  We have a small
outside sales staff (10) working from their homes in various parts of
the US with notebooks  and a small Canadian Sales Office (3) on a
separate Novell Lan.
Anyone willing to share this information would be greatly
appreciated.  Carole Houghton - IS Manager