L-date fields

fixed

 >Display and printer file DDS currently do not support date, time, or
 >timestamp data types.  You have to define a character or numeric field
 >onthe sceen and use the MOVE op code to move the date, time, or
 >timestamp  field from the file to the character or numeric field on the
 >screen.

I prefer to define the date fields in a DS and then use the OVERLAY
keyword to place the character field over them, thus avoiding the move.
Of course in many cases the user is not going to want to see a full 4
digit year on the screen anyway, so a move from the 4 digit year date
(we are all going to be using full dates aren't we ;-) to the screen
would be needed anyway.
+---