At 08:20 AM 8/27/97 +0000, Carole wrote:
>Has anyone figured out how to get the 11 pages of PTF's for the
>OS/400 Integration of Lotus Notes without keying these in one by one
>on the ECS line?  They do have instructions to "run a program" that
>they supply on the web in binary that we are suppose to 'FTP' to a
>savf on the AS/400. See
>www.as400.ibm.com:81/lotus_notes/technotes.htm.  It says to use a
>tool like FTP to copy the binary file.  I have a program called
>WS_FTP that I used to upload our Web site to the ISP but cannot
>figure out how that can be used to reach the AS/400.  I called level
>1 who can only take 20 PTF's at a time plus they charge $234 per hour
>on support line because it was before 8 AM.  I cannot believe they
>would send out an addendum, then not send us the software.
>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>Carole Houghton - Wenger Corporation

_If_ you have TCP/IP set up on your AS/400 and _if_ you have a network
connection to the AS/400, you can use WS_FTP to do file transfers. I hear
that it is one of the clients that understands the AS/400 FTP syntax.
CuteFTP, which I like to use, does not do so yet display the contents of
libraries of directories on the 400. It _does_ do the transfers, though
you're blind while doing it.

You probably need to create the save file first, then transfer the binary
in 'binary' format to the save file. This is to prevent the 400 from
creating a PF from the save file binary. You might try setting the
destination to

        /qsys.lib/libname.lib/filename.file

Good luck

Vernon Hamberg
Systems Software Programmer
Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
400 Second Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55401
(612) 371-1111 x480