  • Subject: Re: setsppfp bug
  • From: dhandy@xxxxxxxxxxx (Douglas Handy)
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 17:40:46 -0400

Dan,

>Again, level 50 is not a trivial step up from level 30, is it?

Maybe.  Maybe not.  It depends on your software, and whether or not it
utilizes certain techniques or attempts to access objects it
"shouldn't".  Of course, maybe you want some of that software to
break. <g>

>Yes, the LOGINP is a gaping bugger, but I can easily secure the signon
>display file(s).

Yes, but how many people have had them secured for the last dozen
years?

It's just such an obvious thing (once you are told about it) that you
wonder how we ever made it this long without hearing or thinking about
it.

>How would I modify Gene's program to actually update the first 20 bytes of
>the ODP?

Simple, just change the contents of the DS (ie the first 20 bytes).
At the end of the program, the DS is pointing to the ODP buffer.
Gene's program uses %subst() to read the name and password.  You could
just as easily modify the contents of the memory location by using
%subst() on the left side of the EVAL, or by naming another subfield
in the DS.

Try it before getting the PTF's from IBM -- you'll find whatever you
plug into the buffer from one session shows up under another session
run from the same subsystem.

By making a routing entry prior to QCMD, you can then make this
modified version of the program run nearly immediately after sign-on.

Doug
+---