Yes I have seen the same problem with users here.  It seems to be user
specific, as we use shared lasers almost everywhere, and some one else will
print to same laser from their Browser app fine.
This was a while ago, almost two years, but I remember an open incident
with MAPICS, and they first tried to blame the Laser, then blamed the way I
had the Printers Networked.  I then moved a printer to the workstation and
had the user print locally, same black bars and boxes.

I finally had the user log into a different P.C., and the problem went
away.  It ended up, at least for me, something was corrupted in the Browser
installation on the P.C.  When I completely uninstalled the app and it's
directory structure, and reinstalled, the problem went away.

Just  a note on this,

I haven't been bothered, come to think of it, by this in a long time....

Lloyd H. Degnon
I.S. Manager
AmPro Computers, Inc.
5215 Hellyer Ave.
Building #110
San Jose, CA 95138
(408) 360-4365

             mapics-l-bounces@         mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             11/21/2003 08:36          Question on printing out of Browser
             Please respond to
             MAPICS ERP System

Hi group,

I have an odd one, that I'm hoping someone may have encountered (Konrad,
I'm actually thinking you may have the answer).  I have Browser users
(XAR6.0, current builds), that get big black lines when they print reports
from Browser, like vendor/item lists and such to their HP LaserJet 4050.

It isn't the printer, or Windows, because they print to their lasers with
no problems with Word, Excel, Lotus, print screens, etc.  I actually
thought that Browser used Windows printer drivers, but apparently not.  Has
anyone else encountered this, and if so, how was it resolved?

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
Somerset, PA