I wrote a set of instructions on how to create the connection and use it
from within Excel for another organization. I will try to find it over the
weekend and update the screen captures for our current Client Access. Let me
know if you want a copy of it and I will send it to you.

There are a lot of steps involved in creating the ODBC connection but you
can use the same on for all of your AS/400 connections or you can build them
to be specific to each task or for security. Speaking of security, I usually
elect not to allow the ODBC to update AS/400 data except through specific
controlled connections.

It is also necessary to have installed the MS Query with office or to at
least go back and add it; it does not install with the "typical" option. To
see if you have it, you can select "Get External Data" from the Data menu on
the Excel tool bar. If the options to Run Web Query, Run Database query and
Create New Query are not greyed out, you have the MS query installed.

You can also save the queries and run them to refresh the data when ever you
wish.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Jon Le Roi
Director of Information Systems