> I have never seen messages like this before (I'm not a Solaris guy) but
> this does not make sense to me!   It seems to be saying that the file
> referenced symbols that it cannot find in the library?   But, that doesn't
> make much sense, does it?  I mean, where did it get offsets from in the
> first place, wasn't it from those same library files?

Success building and running tn5250 on Solaris 9.

First I rebuilt ncurses but still no luck.

Then I rebuilt ncurses configuring --with-shared and then tn5250 linked.

Incidentally, since the ncurses headers end up in
/usr/local/lib/ncurses I added that to CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH and
C_INCLUDE_PATH and config was happier.

Thanks for the help and for the great open source program.

--
Jack J. Woehr                 # Ceterum censeo
Box 51, Golden, CO 80402      # in herbas belli