> From: Pascal Mainini

> first of all, i've figured out, that there are various ways to change
> tn5250's keymap - the most often suggested is to change the
> user's xkeybordmap. is this the right way? and when changing
> it, doesn't this have drawbacks on the behaviour of x itself which
> can be problematic?

I would say the "correct" answer is to modify the XTerm file if all users
should have the same mapping or .Xdefaults if users on the computer need
different mappings.

> esc                           sys attn

This should already work.
        <Key>Escape: string("\001") \n\

> shift-esc                     sys req

Sorry, haven't gotten around to this one yet!  (I should though, I want it
too.)

> ctrl-f5                       record
> ctrl-f6                       play
> ctrl-f7                       rpause*

I believe those are are emulator specific and not implemented in tn5250.

> pause                 clear*
> shift-ins                     dup*

I don't know what clear is or does.  Dup is listed as M-d (Meta d) but I
don't know if it's implemented as I've never used it.

> left-ctrl                     reset/ctrl*

This should already work.
        <Key>Control_L: string("\022") \n\

> left-ctrl-alt                 quit

Dunno.

> right-ctrl                    enter

Add this line:
        <Key>Control_R: string("\015") \n\

> enter                         field exit

Add this line:
        <Key>Return: string("\013") \n\

> shift-enter                   newline

Try this line:
        Shift <Key>Return: string("\033\012") \n\

> ctrl-enter                    carrier return

What would a carrier return do?

What version of tn5250 are you using and how did you install it?