  • Subject: Re: 0.14.0 - Almost there ;)
  • From: mmadore <mmadore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 21:35:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Jason M. Felice wrote:

> Please note, we'll keep 0.14.x and 0.15.x in paralell, and continue to fix
>bugs
> in 0.14.x while we break everything again in 0.15.x ;)

0.15.  Isn't that when we start converting everything back to c++?  Or was
it objective C? ;-)

> A rough roadmap (subject to approval by Mike, these are only _my_ ideas):

> 0.15.x - Ability to remap keys, finalize lib API (which means it has to
>          be ready for Unicode terminals, below).  Simple ~/.tn5250rc config
>        file parser.  Better field-exit support, and some clean-up.

[snip]

>  then ... 1.0!

I think this looks like a good plan.  I would like to flesh out the
printer support before we officially call it 1.0, though.  Speaking of
printer support, I was wondering if it might be a good idea to break the
printer session out into it's own executable.  Maybe make it a daemon like
lpd.  Then we can have command line and graphical tools to start, stop
manipulate the queue, etc.

Another item that was brought to my attention, is that there is quite a
bit of the 5250 display stream that we don't even try to implement.
Apparently it is not needed it most installations.  Here is a message I
received with more details:

Here are some additional information about the new functions. The text
is from a letter which was sent to the PowerTerm developers.
                                         Borlay Tamas