Loyd Goodbar wrote:
I was doing a comparative study between calling a program from ProgramCall,
ProgramCallDocument, and JDBC. For ProgramCallDocument, the needed PCML file
resides in the same folder as the .class file.

The PCML doesn't *have* to reside in the same folder as the .class file ... but it does kind of make sense.

If the PCML file isn't in the same package as the class, you just have to qualify the PCML file name.

For instance:

ProgramCallDocument pcml = new ProgramCallDocument("com.example.appliation.Interface.pcml");

In Eclipse, how to I add the PCML file as a resource, so it can be bundled
with the class files into an exported JAR? I manually put the file into
folder. But when exporting to a JAR, it is not recognized as a resource.

Also, Eclipse likes to separate source (src folder) from compiled (bin
folder) objects. Is it a good practice to add the bin folder to the package
explorer?

I've found the PCML file, sitting in the same directory structure as the java source, will be copied into the bin directory when Eclipse does it's compile.

Make sure you have the "Export generated class files and resources" option checked when you export the JAR.

Personally, however, I don't use the export function ... I always create an ant build file to compile the code.

david