Re: Detect katakana characters in java?

fixed

David Gibbs wrote:
How do you check a String to see if it contains Japanese characters (double or single byte)?

Hmmm ... I wonder if this will do the trick:

for (int i=0;i<text.length();i++) {
UnicodeBlock ub = Character.UnicodeBlock.of(text.charAt(i));
if (ub == Character.UnicodeBlock.HALFWIDTH_AND_FULLWIDTH_FORMS) {
valid = false;
break;
}
}

Seems to work OK ... I need to verify it though.

david