But there's a KATAKANA constant in that class, too. Won't that work?

-----Original Message-----
From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Gibbs
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:49 PM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: Detect katakana characters in java?

Joe Sam Shirah wrote:
Might work for your data set, but wouldn't it also come back
positive for sets other than Japanese/Katakana?

Yeah, shoot ... it's not going to work.

I think it's got me most of the way there though.

IBM i on Power - For when you can't afford to be out of business
This is the Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
(JAVA400-L) mailing list To post a message email: JAVA400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
or email: JAVA400-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a
moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/java400-l.