MIDRANGE dot COM Mailing List Archive



Home » JAVA400-L » February 2008

Re: Localhost corrupted when contacting SMTP server with javamail



fixed

After dozens of test, we can see that the problem happens only when
javamail is used from a web application.

All mails sent in batch mode (with a RUNJVA in a CLP) are handling the
mail.smtp.localhost property correctly.

When the same classes are called from a web app, no matter what we put in
mail.smtp.localhost,
it's overridden by a domain name which comes from...???

This behaviour is exactly the same with WAS on System i and with WAS test
server within WDSC on a PC.
The main problem is that the System i WAS uses a domain name which is
formed like an email address, and, of course,
it is rejected by the smtp server.

I've put a trace of System.properties() just before opening the smtp
session, and the property mail.smtp.locahost contains the sting I put
inside,
this value is just ignored for the EHLO command.

I've not a clue about where this phantom domain name comes from.

Marie-Line





Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2014 by MIDRANGE dot COM and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available here. If you have questions about this, please contact