Re: Dumb library list question?

fixed

David Gibbs skrev den 07-02-2008 18:01:
Ok, this is probably a dumb question ... but the answer is currently escaping me.

I'm trying to run a simple class on the System i to update a data area with the contents of a property file.

The path to my data area is '/QSYS.LIB/%LIBL%.LIB/DATAAREA.DTAARA' and I'm invoking the class using RUNJVA interactively (my class is running, so I know the basic environment is correct).

I create my AS400 object using a simple 'new AS400();' so it picks up my current user id & password.

Problem is, when I try to update my CharacterDataArea object, I get an ObjectNotFound exception (or something like that).

Is there something I need to do so the JVM picks up the library list of the job I'm invoking it from?
I have found you explicitly need to set the library list in the new object (doing a command call to change library list), and that the library list is passed in as a system property. Try printing all system properties out in your java program to see the exact name.

If there is a smarter way to get the configuration of the job launching the JVM I would love to know it :)