RE: IKVM -- jtopen

fixed

We're using the JDBC driver, remote commands and program calls.

No need for CA/400 ODBC or .Net Provider.

The other beauty is you can XCOPY deploy your .Net apps including the
JT400 data provider.

Imagine coding Java-ish in VB.Net.  Quite an interesting mix.

There's a short intro article on my blog site in regards to IKVM:
http://richardschoen.blogspot.com

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Providing Your....iNFORMATION NOW!"
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 898-3038
Fax: (952) 898-1781
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 1
date: Thu, 25 May 2006 12:56:18 -0400
from: Mark Phippard <markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: IKVM -- jtopen

This is pretty interesting.  If you were to use this, would it be possible

to also use the JDBC driver that is in JT400?  I am assuming you would
still have to use the .NET provider for database access.  The advantage I
can think of would be the easy deployment since iSeries Access would not
have to be installed if you could just use JT400 for everything.

Mark