Antwort: Accessing the IFS from a XP-workstation

fixed

Hi Marc!

It is normal that you need the "client for microsoft networks" to access a
SMB share on your I/5. If this is no option you can use Iseries Navigator
to access the ifs from your local workstation. I have not tested it, but i
am sure that Iseries Navigator is not using the client for mirosoft
networks to access the ifs.

Greetings from Austria

Ralf

Marc Nothum <Marc_Nothum@xxxxxx>
Gesendet von: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
20.10.2005 09:51
Bitte antworten an
Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

An
java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Kopie

Thema
Accessing the IFS from a XP-workstation

Hi all,

Im trying to access the IFS from an XP-workstation. This only works, if
the
option "client for microsoft networks" in the "local area connection
properties" is selected.
But in our organisation, this flag must not be selected, due to
authorisation problems. But, if ths flag isn't selected, then the
XP-workstation doesn't find the IFS any-more.

I do the access to the IFS in windows-explorer, by searching the iseries.

Has anyone a tip, how to access the IFS without having to set that flag?

Marc