Da: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Per conto di Marc Nothum
Inviato: giovedi 20 ottobre 2005 9.52
A: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Oggetto: Accessing the IFS from a XP-workstation

Hi all,

Im trying to access the IFS from an XP-workstation. This only works, if the
option "client for microsoft networks" in the "local area connection
properties" is selected.
But in our organisation, this flag must not be selected, due to
authorisation problems. But, if ths flag isn't selected, then the
XP-workstation doesn't find the IFS any-more.

I do the access to the IFS in windows-explorer, by searching the iseries.

Has anyone a tip, how to access the IFS without having to set that flag?

Marc