Folks,

        Another bit of help needed from experts in this forum.

        Here is the snippet of my code where I'm converting Java String
types to Zoned Decimal As400 Types. Both Date[] and closingprice [] are
of types String.

        The file BLMINTF1 has both these fields defined as Zoned.

                                String d1 = date[i].substring(3,4)+
date[i].substring(9,10) + date[i].substring(6,7);

                                BigDecimal d2 = new BigDecimal(d1);

                                byte[] asd2 = new
AS400ZonedDecimal(6,0).toBytes(d2);

                                BigDecimal bd1 = new
BigDecimal(closingprice[i]);

                                byte[] asbd1 = new
AS400ZonedDecimal(15,5).toBytes(bd1);

                                sqlstmt = "Insert into BLMINTF1 (" +
field1 + "," + field2 + ")" +
                                " values (" + asd2 + "," + asbd1 + ")";

                                System.out.println(sqlstmt);

                                stmt.executeUpdate(sqlstmt);

                                con.close();

        When I run this pgm, I get an error during Insert statement.

        java.sql.SQLException: ^SQL0104] Token ^ was not valid. Valid
tokens: ( + - ? : DAY RRN CASE CAST CHAR DAYS HOUR LEFT NULL TRIM U
SER.

      java/lang/Throwable.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+4
(Throwable.java:94)

      java/lang/Exception.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+1
(Exception.java:42)

java/sql/SQLException.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;I)V+1
(SQLException.java:43)

com/ibm/as400/access/JDError.throwSQLException(Lcom/ibm/as400/access/AS4
00JDBCConnection;III)V+0 (JDError.java:517)

com/ibm/as400/access/AS400JDBCStatement.commonPrepare(Lcom/ibm/as400/acc
ess/JDSQLStatement;)Lcom/ibm/as400/access/JDServerR
ow;+0 (AS400JDBCStatement.java:920)

        Thanks for your help in advance,

Rajesh Anand
Email:Rajesh_anand@xxxxxx

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender,
delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this
e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/