From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of RPower@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 27 June 2005 17:24
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: Error when converting Java Types to AS400 data Types

Would you mind posting the value that prints out for sqlstmt?

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
Tel: 709-576-8132
Email: rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
Website: http://www.stjohns.ca/
___
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -

Sir Winston Churchill

"Anand, Rajesh" <Rajesh_Anand@xxxxxx>
Sent by: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
27/06/2005 01:25 PM
Please respond to
Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Error when converting Java Types to AS400 data Types

Folks,

                 Another bit of help needed from experts in this forum.

                 Here is the snippet of my code where I'm converting
Java
String
types to Zoned Decimal As400 Types. Both Date[] and closingprice [] are
of types String.

                 The file BLMINTF1 has both these fields defined as
Zoned.

                                                                 String
d1
= date[i].substring(3,4)+
date[i].substring(9,10) + date[i].substring(6,7);

 BigDecimal d2 = new BigDecimal(d1);

                                                                 byte[]
asd2 = new
AS400ZonedDecimal(6,0).toBytes(d2);

 BigDecimal bd1 = new
BigDecimal(closingprice[i]);

                                                                 byte[]
asbd1 = new
AS400ZonedDecimal(15,5).toBytes(bd1);

                                                                 sqlstmt
=
"Insert into BLMINTF1 (" +
field1 + "," + field2 + ")" +
                                                                 "
values
(" + asd2 + "," + asbd1 + ")";

 System.out.println(sqlstmt);

 stmt.executeUpdate(sqlstmt);

 con.close();

                 When I run this pgm, I get an error during Insert
statement.

                 java.sql.SQLException: ^SQL0104] Token ^ was not valid.

Valid
tokens: ( + - ? : DAY RRN CASE CAST CHAR DAYS HOUR LEFT NULL TRIM U
SER.

      java/lang/Throwable.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+4
(Throwable.java:94)

      java/lang/Exception.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+1
(Exception.java:42)

java/sql/SQLException.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;I)V+1
(SQLException.java:43)

com/ibm/as400/access/JDError.throwSQLException(Lcom/ibm/as400/access/AS4
00JDBCConnection;III)V+0 (JDError.java:517)

com/ibm/as400/access/AS400JDBCStatement.commonPrepare(Lcom/ibm/as400/acc
ess/JDSQLStatement;)Lcom/ibm/as400/access/JDServerR
ow;+0 (AS400JDBCStatement.java:920)

                 Thanks for your help in advance,

Rajesh Anand
Email:Rajesh_anand@xxxxxx

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the
sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy,
retain
or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating
this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/