Hello

I created a plain old Java program in WDSc that retrieves currency
exchange rate info from a web site and writes this data to the iSeries
database.
In WDSc everything works fine.

I export the project as a jar file to the iSeries IFS and CRTJVAPGM
CLSF('/com/pmtr/tools/CurrencyConverter.jar') OPTIMIZE(20) works great.
When I try to run the command JAVA CLASS(GetExchangeRates) or JAVA
CLASS(GetExchangeRates) CLASSPATH('/com/pmtr/tools')  or any other number
of combinations it fails with:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: GetExchangeRates
      java/lang/Throwable.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+4
(Throwable.java:85)
      java/lang/Error.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+1 (Error.java:41)
      java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+1
(NoClassDefFoundError.java:38)
Java program completed with exit code 1

The program was created with:  package com.pmtr.tools;
and I deployed it in the IFS using directory structure:
Directory  . . . . :   /com/pmtr/tools
        CurrencyConverter. >   STMF

I set the CLASSPATH to CLASSPATH                   '/com/pmtr/tools'
I've tried several combinations.
When I look at the jar file using WinZip the class is there with path:
com\pmtr\tools\

Since the GetExchangeRates is in a JAR do I need to do anything special?

Thank You
Ron