Tim,

By chance I was looking at something similar last night. Many
integration
products like Veristream will do this with a hefty price tag. I came
across
several packages including Jawin and Jacob that are open source and
free but I have not either myself. I searched on - java com dcom
integration open source

David Morris

>>> thatzenbeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 02/26/03 04:43PM >>>
I was wondering if this is possible, at a 'free' or at a reasonable
price.

I would like to use java, runnning on a win32 machine... So native
calls are
ok, for this application...  I would like to use java and the standard
jvm
to call 'COM' componets, and API's.

Purpose:  I need a way to read the WinFax Log Objects, and in their
SDK,
they only offer a VB and a C++ example, and they don't offer a true
java api
option.  I decided to spend some time and work with visual basic, and
write
this program...  And I can honestly say, at least on this day of my
life, I
never want to use VB again... The error messages are so vague, I have
no
idea, if my program is correct...

It does work though, but I would like to re-write it in java, if it was
simple venture...

Thanks for any ideas or thoughts, tim

I searched the WEB on this, and saw a few things, but they were all
dated
back in '99  so either it no longer possible, or it's not called a
bridge,
so my searches are all wrong..