On Monday 23 December 2002 04:15, you wrote:
> Well, that could be irritating.
>
> When you dump the process are you using SST (STRSST, and subsequent
> options)? Also doing wrkactjob, finding job, option 5 and then option 20
> and then option 10 on thread running shows nothing (is that what you were
> saying below with "impossible to show the thread info...")?

I have tried the WRKACTJOB approach and this brought up a time out.

> Is there other activity on the system - perhaps activity which runs at a
> better priority that WAS (WAS runs at priority 25 by default) at the time
> or just prior to when the CPU usage spikes? Maybe large database activity
> form the app server itself?

no, there is no other activity on the box besides WAS and me looking what the
job is doing. There is no database activity, caused by the application server.

> Anything in the WAS log files at the time of CPU usage spike?

No, I didn't find any information in the logs. (stdin, stdout and the trace
log)

> Have you noticed if the number of threads decreases to 2 (one, the
> main/first thread, waiting and a second thread running), when you do the
> endjob?

no, it doesn't. the thread with the high cpu activity (> 98%) is one of the
about 30 threads (depends on history), sometimes number 22, sometimes 16 or
another.

> Are you up to date on all  other PTFs (3.5.6 is of course the latest level
> of WAS)?

we have 3.5.6. installed and for the jdk we have revision 11 (august 2002),
current is 13 (december 2002)

--
mfG

Dieter Bender