Chris is no RPG person, or even a System i person, and I certainly am no
expert on the RUI stuff, and yet we were able to quickly and effectively
communicate and build a system based on *business* requirements. That's
what EGL buys you today, and that's why it's the best tool for multi-tiered
business applications.

I am not trying to start a heated debate, but isn't this second best? Why
should I need two completely different people (read knowledge sets) involved
to create a single business application? Seems like we are going backward
in efficiency. If that is the case I would say the technology has become
too complicated to quickly/effectively build business applications. I guess
this points back to my opinion that people will find greater efficiency by
dropping RPG if EGL is the facing language because they have one knowledge
set to maintain.

Fair question?

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com