Have you run STRDBGSVR on the the 400?

At 02:04 PM 12/20/02 -0600, you wrote:
Hello,

My company upgraded to OS/400 V5R2, so I upgraded CODE/400 to V5R1.  Now
when I issue the debug command through CODE/400, the message box says that
no interactive STRCODE sessions are available for debug.  So I go to the
AS/400 screen and issue the STRCODE command with these parameters. STRCODE
RMTLOCNAME('192.168.1.247') CMNTYPE(*TCPIP) PORT(*DFT).  It starts to
process, but I get another message box on my PC stating: EVF4025E -
Communication Daemon  Handshake information from the host server contains
errors.  Connection request from 'the AS400 IP' had been ended by the
daemon.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?  At first when I installed CODE/400 that
shipped with V5R2, I couldn't communicate with the AS/400.  Dr. Watson (Win
2K) kept dumping my programs.  So I installed CODE/400 SP5 and now I can use
CODE/400 to program, compile, verify, etc.  I can also use Code Designer on
DDS without any problems.  I just can't debug anything, and until I get the
STRCODE command to work, I can't use STRCODECMD to initiate CODE/400 from
the AS/400 side.

Thanks in Advance,

Steve Cross
Sr. Programmer Analyst