Hi Dave,

I hope I can help clarify things:

1) You must have a unique current library

2) The initial library list used for STRCODE is the same library list when
you issue the STRCODE command, plus the CODE backend library in the product
library list.

3) The initial library list when using auto-connect depends on the system
value and user library list value for library list. These types of
connections do not recognize any initial programs your user profile may
run.

4) The libraries in the  library list settings in the Communication Console
Properties are added to the user portion of the library list after the
connection is successfully initiated.

5) If a library list is set for *ALL servers in the console, then that is
the only recognized list.    The reason for this is that the console can't
know which libraries to put first in this case: the libraries for *ALL or
those for an individual server. If you want different library lists for
each server, then you need to remove libraries for the *ALL server and
specify a library list for each server separately.

I hope this helps!

Violaine Batthish
CODE Project Lead
batthish@ca.ibm.com          IBMCA(BATTHISH)

WDT/400 page:  http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400
WDT/400 Support : http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400/support

                      Dave Murvin
                      <davem@drme.com>         To:       code400-l@midrange.com
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      code400-l-admin@m        Subject:  Library list problems
                      idrange.com

                      12/08/2002 10:24
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      code400-l

Hi;

I am having problems with the code400 library list. I have changed the
server library list to what I want it to be using the communications
properties.  I originally had the list set for all servers, but read the
note in help so added the library list to the specific server (there is
still a library list associated with the all servers version).  When I
submit a compile, the library list is not what I requested.  I have checked
the archives and did not find anything that solved the problem.  When I use
F9 and print the library list, it is the incorrect library list that is
used with the compiles.  I can not figure out where it is getting this
library list - it is not my current library list or the library list in my
jobd.  The library list used to be okay and has changed somehow.

At this location we are on V5R1 and Development Studio Client for iSeries
version 4.0.

There are two developers and we have had problems with not having our own
STRCODE userspace. During one session, I started code400 through SEU
without my library as the current library and the code session opened in
the other developers workstation.  I then reset the current library to my
library.  Could this have messed up the library list?  I deleted the user
space in QGPL and have my own STRCODE user space in my current library.  I
tried ending all servers (right click on the icon) and tried a reboot.  I
read the post about using F9 and manually changing the library list with
the rmvlible and addlible commands, but this seems like a real pain,
especially since I have never had to do this before.

What sets the library list for compiles in code400?  I am not impressed
with the process so far.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave Murvin
DRM Enterprises, Inc.