> Where do you specify/configure the code server name?  just make one up?

Yes.

> I created an empty library, made it my curr library, tried without userid
> and password, same thing only the message replaced my userid with *NONE.
>
> I also changed '*resolved' with my workstation ip address.  same thing.
>
> I am not quite up-to-date on my ptfs yet, so that might be the problem.
> Unless you can think of something else, I'll assume is is, and the ball is
> still in my court.  I'll revisit when the ptfs are in.

To check whether you're missing any ptf's, you can go into the Server Daemon
and take the check ptf's options.  You should have a server configuration
there also - different from the STRCODE server.  How you name them isn't
important.

There might be something that must be running on the 400, or ports opened.
I'm not sure about that, though - you'll have to search the archives.

A STRCODE server not running does not stop you entirely, though.  You can
still use CODE - you just can't start it from PDM or prompt CL commands.

> Thanks!
>
> Rick

Phil