Hi Vern,

Are you running an Anti-virus tool?  Norton Anti-Virus auto-protect feature
interferes with CPO and the command shell on Windows 95/98/ME and prevents
a new internal DOS session from being spawned.  The result is that the
tools appear to hang.
The circumvention for the problem is to disable auto-protect.
Norton had fixed the problem for a while, but I understand from some users
that it has reappeared again.
If this is your problem, please send your complaint to Norton :-)

Hope this helps!

Violaine Batthish
CODE Project Lead
batthish@ca.ibm.com          IBMCA(BATTHISH)