From: code400-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:code400-l-admin@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2002 5:31 PM
To: code400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Cannot start CODE Editor from CPO

I've just installed WDT V5R1 plus SP5 on my Win98SE machine. I added some
member filters, then tried to open one with CODE Editor. The confirmation
window came up - I had not turned off that option. Then a ding (Default
sound), and CODE Editor did not open.

I tried again with another file, this time to browse. Same thing - I can't
get CPO to respond to anything, except the X to close. But it does not go
away, it just sits there. If I Alt-Tab to something else and try to come
back, it does not display.

Ctrl-Alt-Del shows it as 'Not responding'. I take option to cancel it.

Ctrl-Alt-Del again shows a Rundll and a Winoldap that appear to be left
over. Also have Evfctcpd, Redir32, and Evfwlx40.

Comm error log has "EVFCTCPD.EXE Sun Nov  3 16:08:44 2002 CPXL: A buffer
passed to a system call is too small to hold return data."

Same thing happens with WDSC on my machine. I'm willing to believe my home
machine is a little strange, but maybe this is known.

Thanks

Vern Hamberg