Before I can see my server listed in the communication daemon I have to start
in from the AS/400 ("STRCODE") first. After I do that then, and only then, can
I see it listed in the console.

-----Original Message-----
From: mdaily.WWL@wwlinc.com [mailto:mdaily.WWL@wwlinc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 9:11 AM
To: code400-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: Long Story

Well my STRCODE USRSPC does not exist yet. I understood it was created
automatically when I get STRCODE to work. Which I guess will be when I can
setup a STRCODE server and have it take.  I have clicked everything I can
find to click. I fill in all of the fields click change it closes down. I
open the communications daemons console again to see if it is now listed
under STRCODE servers. And It is not there. nothing is there. I can go to
the Define TCP/IP server list and see my AS400 listed there. the name is
HOME_ETH if I select it and the box comes up and HOME_ETH is selected so I
click OK or apply it says
host name is not valid. So I select it and delete it. Then I go back to
Communications console and add my server and it goes fine but there is
nothing there. But the Define TCP/IP  server list shows HOME_ETH in the
box and again when I select it and change or add, it says  host name is
not valid. If I try to add it from define TCP/IP server it says the name
already exists.  Kind of like a loop.

"Reeve Fritchman" <reeve@ltl400.com>
Sent by: code400-l-admin@midrange.com
10/09/2002 10:22 AM