Chris,

There are several options.  When you prompt for compile,
one of the options (options > Setting> ILE tab) you can
take lets you set the type of compile for the member type.
 This allows you to set CRTnnnMOD or CRTBNDnnn for the
language type as the default.  I also just learned recently
that you can set your own compile options by naming a
compile option in the prompt compile screen.  You can set
up a comile option that does a "CRTnnnMOD for test", then
you set all the parms for the compile for a test system
(debug and such).  You can also create an option that does
a "CRTnnnMOD for production" that will not have all the
debug options, or uses a different binding directory or
activation group or...

Once you have compiled a source member, Code should
remember what you used last time, and use the same one
again.  Mine does this regardless of the library used.
 Once I have compiled from different libraries with
different compile options, it seems to remember that as
well  (ie. compile from the test source or from the
productions source).  For complex program compiles I
usually create a CL program that will recreate the world
(of my program) and that way i won't miss compiling
something wrong, other programmers won't mess it up, or
I/they miss type a command option.

HTH

On Thu, 23 May 2002 09:05:11 -0600  Chris wrote;

> Hi all,
>
> Can the editor be changed to compile as CRTBNDRPG rather
> than CRTRPGMOD? Or
> can the Compile with Prompt be changed to retain the
> source member name that
> is opened? It's a pain when I want to compile a program
> and I click on the
> "with Prompt" button that I have to either browse for the
> member to compile
> or type it in manually.
>
> Any comments or suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris

Jim Essinger
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Student Loan Fund of Idaho
esinger@fmtc.com
208-452-4058

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of
a dog, it's too dark to read."  Groucho Marx