<rant>
Oh, and not only that...

I prompted up DSPOBJD.  I WANT to end up with this...
  DSPOBJD OBJ(&CHKLIB/*ALL) OBJTYPE(*PGM) +
     OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(QTEMP/@@PGMBAS)

When I prompted DSPOBJD, here's what took place:
   - Keying "*ALL" for the object name grayed out the library name.
Couldn't type anything there.  So, I cleared the object name, then keyed
&CHKLIB for the library, THEN keyed *ALL for the object name.  The library
name grayed out again, but at least my library name (variable) was in there.
   - Selected all the other options as necessary.  Just for kicks, I hit the
HELP button and got the help text for DSPOBJD.  That's cool (see orig msg
below).  Clicked on the "X" (close) button to close the help box.  Nothing.
HELP is here and it's here to stay!  Positioning my cursor over the HELP
window turned it (the cursor) into an hourglass, so I assume SOMETHING was
trying to happen there.
   - Selected the OK button from the CL prompt and voila!  My HELP window
went away and DSPOBJD was placed in my CL.  However, it wasn't exactly as I
filled in the prompts!  Here's what I ended up with:

DSPOBJD    OBJ(*ALL) OBJTYPE(*PGM) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) +
             OUTFILE(QTEMP/@@PGMBAS)

Notice that my variable &CHKLIB is not there.  I guess if you want to use
*ALL for the object name, you don't get an option to use a library?  Urgh.

Well, I started with 125MB memory available before using the CL GUI prompt.
Since I first used it, then started this post, and prompting the DSPOBJD
command again, I now have 44MB available.  There just HAS to be a memory
leak there somewhere.  I'm VERY unhappy with the CL GUI prompt.  Time to
remove it, I guess.  Ah, heck.  What's another couple of hours at this
point?
</rant>

abbgda$2eb$1@main.gmane.org">news:abbgda$2eb$1@main.gmane.org...