Hello again!

Now I don't think it is a problem with SP5, but something
that is a hold over from before.  I tried the same thing on
a machine with SP4 loaded.  While I did not get the
infinite loop on the compile, I did get the message:

EVF4007E "Error during events file processing"

in a window.  When I cleaned up a couple of typos in my
COBOL code, the source compiled, but still gave me the
events file error (both SP4 and SP5).  The only time I get
the loop is when there are compile errors in the code and I
compile from SP5 code edit machine.  The compile from the
SP4 machine always completes, but I always get the event
file error window listed above.

The source code does a copy to some standard copy books (3
of them) to get the file control, file description and
working storage specs.

Does this change things??

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:13:15 -0500  I wrote;

> Greetings!
>
> After installing SP5 on my computer, I am running into
> compile problems.  When I submit a compile from Code
> Edit,
> the compile (CRTCBLMOD) loops, and creates a lot of
> joblog
> entries on the 400.  Before it started doing this, it
> came
> back with an event file error.  I did not get the exact
> text for the error, and I can't get the compile to
> complete
> now to get that error.  I did get a couple of clean
> compiles yesterday after installing SP5.
>
> SP5 is the only change I made to the WDT environment on
> my
> PC.  The AS/400 is on V4R5.  I'm using Win 200 Pro with
> Service pack 2 and all available internet security and
> other updates.
>
> Any Ideas??  Thanks in advance.

Jim Essinger
Senior Programmer/Analyst