I know it has been said before and it has also been my experience that
CODE/400 uses the QTEMP of the STRCODE session.  I usually have one session
designated as the STRCODE session so QTEMP is almost always empty anyway.
I think it would be nice though if we could edit files in any QTEMP like
SEU.  I was thinking if maybe EVFCFDBK were modified to allow sending the
workstation as a parm, we would be able to get to it like when attaching to
a workstation in the debugger.  That way we would be able to use a PDM
option to get straight to QTEMP like any other library from PDM.  Would the
autostart server cause a problem changing the EVFCFDBK in finding the right
QTEMP if it were used?  I know it doesn't help right now in finding any
QTEMP.  If someone wanted to open a member using Start -> Programs -> ....
I don't know if you would show several QTEMPs with their session names or
what.  I just would like some way to be able to easily edit members in the
QTEMP of the session I am in.  The options right now are messy.

The main application I have for this is that we are generating FTP input
script files in QTEMP that are over 240 characters long.  The command EDTF
in QSYS is mainly used to edit these members since SEU is limited to 240
characters.  EDTF is just like SEU except EDTF handles large members but I
don't think it has some of the error checking features of SEU.  CODE/400 is
limited to 2499 characters so that would be a good alternative to EDTF
since it tends to be easier to enter data.

Can there be an easy way to edit members with CODE/400 in separate QTEMPs
without having to either end and start the STRCODE session in the QTEMP you
want or copying members out of and into QTEMP?  I don't know that I would
ever comile into QTEMP but editing would be nice for FTP input script
files.

Thanks,
Craig Strong