Subject: RE: Downloading complete version of SP4
Author:  "David Wright" <SMTP:dwright@celsinc.com> at ALLTELEXCH
Date:    3/4/02 10:31 AM

Hi Douglas...

By any chance are you behind a firewall or proxy/socks server?

IBM's FTP site is one of the most finicky I have dealt with when trying
download from IE.

To get it to reliably work with huge files, you will need to goto
Internet
Opions under the Tools menu.  Click the Advanced Tab, and select 'Use
Passive FTP'.

That's the only thing that has worked for me when downloading large
files
using IE...

Hope that helps,
David