Perhaps.

It's not the fields in the db but the number of files
in the library which cause consternation.

I did try what you were saying about doing F8 once and
then from then on (in the same session) Code doesn't
need to refresh the list.

I also entered the file name at the top rather than
expanding the server and then the library.  I'll try
that for a while.

Phil